Saturday, March 13, 2010

BYE, EDDY..


It came so sudden though a bit late - after almost 24 hours - to my knowledge that Eddy has passed away last night (many thanks to Finaz and Eliza).

Eddy was a student at the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies (UiTM) when I first met him some time in January 2007 while he was on his way for lecture on that very bright afternoon with his forever-good friend, Khirriah . He was a bit shy initially and didn't talk much until I started a joke. He was talkative and very friendly ever since. There was time when we used to exchange views - over the phone on some nights - on a number of issues. He talked about friends, career, his sufferings etc. I didn't get the chance to pay him a visit during his last days. I managed, however, to talk with him - also over the phone - middle of January this year. He was bed-ridden. He talked so slowly, and asked me - in a very soft and mild tone - whether I was ok. I didnt have the heart to talk longer.

Bye Eddy..